Following the federal election, which put an end to the Conservative government, there is hope that there can finally be a positive and speedy resolution to the cases of U.S. Iraq War resisters. The war resisters have lived with unfair political interference in their cases for almost 10 years. Now is the time to let the new government know that Canadians expect them to do the right thing and let them stay!
How you can help
1) Write a Letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau:
The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau
Prime Minister of Canada
Office of the Prime Minister
80 Wellington Street
2) Call, e-mail and write to your Member of Parliament:
To send a letter: address it to your MP, and send to House of Commons, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A6
To find out your MP’s email and phone number, you can email email@example.com
or call toll-free (Canada): 1 (866) 599-4999.
MP contact details will be up shortly at www.parl.gc.ca, under ‘Members of Parliament’.
Key points to mention:
• Resolve this issue swiftly as part of the change promised by the new government
• It is time to fix this issue – end over 10 years of unfair and unjust legal and political actions by the Harper government
• Stop the deportations
• Stop pursuing war resister cases in court, as doing so defends decisions and policies made by the former Conservative government
• Rescind Operational Bulletin 202
• Implement a new Operational Bulletin that restores fairness for all war resister cases and reverses the harm done
3) Donate to the War Resisters Support Campaign:
4) Please join and follow us – and share us on Social Media: